|Photos of batch #1, minus the extra veggies|
3-5 potatoes, washed
1 onion, diced
1-2 cups sliced celery
5 mini or 1 large sweet pepper
5-10 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon oil
3-4 tablespoons No-Salt Garlic/Herb seasoning
2-3 tablespoons dried parsley*
1 tablespoon black pepper (optional)
6 cups hot/boiling water
1/2 cup vegetable stock*
2 pounds frozen corn kernels
3 green onions, sliced*
2 cups greens (Chinese cabbage), sliced*
- Pierce potatoes with a fork and cook in the microwave until soft.
- While potatoes are cooking, saute onions, celery, pepper, and garlic in the oil until browned
- Add the hot water to the pot. I boiled the water using my electric kettle (that I love!) then poured it into the pot. Adding the hot water de-glazed the pot and released any stuck-on pieces of vegetable from the bottom.
- Add the vegetable stock, seasoning, parsley, and black pepper if desired. The first time I made this I used the black pepper and it added a bit of spicy flavor. I omitted it the second time so we could feed it to our 14 month old daughter and not worry about it being too spicy.
- When the potatoes are cooked, cut them into fourths or eights and add to the pot.
- Add the frozen corn and bring the soup back to a boil.
- Add the green onions and greens and cook for 3-5 minutes until the greens are tender
|Photo of batch #2 with the added ingredients|