Home | Garden | Orchard | Cooking | Crafts | Lifestyle | Chickens

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Homemade Granola

A couple of weeks ago my husband bought a small container of granola bites. I was shocked at the price tag of $5.99 so I searched for an alternate way to get those tasty morsels. What I found were several recipes for homemade granola. After buying the ingredients, I finally got around to making it. Here is the recipe I used based on the one posted at kissmyspatula.

Ingredients
4 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup chopped pecans
3 tbsp flax seeds
2 tbsp wheat germ
1 cup shredded coconut
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup clover honey
1/3 cup unsweetened apple juice

Method
1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Mix the wet in a separate bowl (I used a large glass measuring cup)
3. Stir the two together until the dry ingredients are coated.
4. Pour out onto a large sheet pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees, stirring occasionally with a spatula (every 5-10 minutes)
6. The granola is done when it is an even golden brown (~20 minutes), but your time my vary.
7. Remove the sheet pan from the oven and let the granola cool completely, stirring occasionally.
8. Store in an airtight container.

The granola had a yummy smell as it was baking. Other than taking some time for stirring, it was a easy process with tasty results.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

_ | _