12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups Kashi Go Lean cereal
2.5 cups Kashi 7 Whole Grain Puffs cereal
1 cup chopped True North Pecan Almond Peanut clusters
2 tablespoon Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
2 tablespoons Trade Joe's unsalted natural peanut butter
1. Start melting the chocolate. There are various methods to melt chocolate. We have the chocolate melter, so I just dumped the whole bag of chips and turned it on.
2. While the chocolate is melting, mix the cereal and nuts in a mixing bowl.
3. Stir the cocoa powder and peanut butter into the melting chocolate.
4. Once the chocolate is smooth, pour it into the mixing bowl. Stir until all the cereal is coated.
5. Pour the chocolate cereal mixture into a greased 9x13 glass dish and chill until firm
6. Cut into squares and serve.
These cookies were easy to make and didn't require the oven. The extra cocoa powder gives them a rich chocolate flavor, almost like dark chocolate. An added benefit is that the Kashi cereal is healthy, so having an extra piece isn't too naughty.