Home | Garden | Orchard | Cooking | Crafts | Lifestyle | Chickens

Friday, May 21, 2010

Double Chocolate Cocoa Brownies


Way back in March, I wanted to make some brownies. I didn't want to make a special trip to the store so I looked for a recipe that called for ingredients that I had on hand. I came across this recipe at Smitten Kitchen and it looked like just what I had in mind.

I made the brownies and they ended up more like fudge; sort of soft and not very brownie like. None of the fudge/brownies went to waste as they were still good enough to eat. Bonus was that my hubby didn't like them so I got them all.

For Mother's Day I decided to try again. The key change I made from the first round was to extend the baking time and add the chocolate chips.

Ingredients
10 tablespoons butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions
1. Add butter, sugar, and cocoa to a microwave safe bowl.
2. Heat mixture at 30 second intervals and stir. Continue until butter is melted and combined with sugar and cocoa. It looks sort of grainy.
3. Add the vanilla and stir.
4. Add eggs one at a time, mixing in the first before adding the second.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips and pour into an 8x8 inch parchment lined pan. The parchment makes it really easy to remove and clean up.
6. Bake at 325 degrees F for 45 minutes.
7. Let cool before cutting into squares. Per the original recipe, it really helps to chill the brownies in the refrigerator before cutting.

Enjoy!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

_ | _