Home | Garden | Orchard | Cooking | Crafts | Lifestyle | Chickens

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Goodbye 2010, Hello 2011

As I am saying goodbye to 2010, I think back on my year in review from 2009. I originally thought I would create a post like that each year to capture a summary of the year's highlights. However, 2010 turned out to be a much different year.

The first 3 months were pretty much business as usual here on Loomis Living. I did a lot of cooking: Lentil Soup, Chicken Noodle Soup, Black Eye Pea Soup, Macaroni and Cheese, Waffles, Flat bread, Scalloped Potatoes, Guacamole, and Mujadara to name a few. We also brought home some baby chicks and built our second chicken residence.

April, May, and most of June were pretty much a blur. I was extremely busy at work and found much less time to do projects, let alone blog about them. There were still some chicken posts and the vegetable garden was planted a little late. The major project was building a new and improved chicken coop where all the chickens could live.

July brought the usual assortment of posts. It also brought some joyful news to Loomis, we were going to have a baby! Pretty soon those lazy summer days I posted about in August became every day.

Since my energy level was very low, I decided to pull out a lower intensity project that I had set aside a few years back. After 3.5 months of work, I finally finished my first sampler quilt at the end of October. The chickens also went through a molt during this time, so they were a little less than photogenic.

By November and December our focus had shifted to our upcoming arrival and unfinished projects around the house. My dear husband went into full bathroom remodeling mode, stripping out the old bathroom to the bare studs and starting from scratch. On the other hand, I started focusing on the room that would be the nursery. I haven't been doing very well with capturing the progress, but am hopeful that I will post some before and after shots at some point in the future.

As I say hello to 2011, I am excited about all that is in store for the upcoming year. First and foremost, we will meet our baby girl in March, we will have a 2nd functioning bathroom in our house, and we will discover how to be a family of three + ten chickens.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

_ | _