Home | Garden | Orchard | Cooking | Crafts | Lifestyle | Chickens

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Citrus Blossoms


When I think of Spring blossoms, I often picture the white and pink blossoms that adorn the orchard trees. By now they are long gone. But to my surprise, there is a second round of blossoms that I forgot about, the citrus. This is one of many blossoms on our mature lemon tree. They are very fragrant and have a nice pink tint on the outside of the white bloom.
In contrast, the mandarin blossoms are solid white and not as fragrant. They are also smaller than the lemon blossoms. I suspect it is related to the size of the fruit that is produced. I can't wait until all the trees start blooming, it is the first sign of fruit to come in the fall.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

_ | _