Home | Garden | Orchard | Cooking | Crafts | Lifestyle | Chickens

Friday, April 3, 2009

Seedlings in despair

I think I may have killed some...
















Spring officially started about 2 weeks ago. The weather was warm. I was dreaming about the garden and the promise of summer vegetables. Thinking that there may be a chance to plant the garden early, I moved the seedlings. They had been living under non-threatening fluorescent light since they were planted. I moved them near a south facing window and exposed them to sunlight. After leaving them there for a day, I put them outside, completely forgetting the gradual process of hardening off.

The parsley suffered the worst, but the cucumbers aren't very far behind. It took me a couple of days before I realized that I was the cause of the suffering. Since that realization, I have been a little more judicious about taking them outside. I have to remind myself to be patient with the plants (and not to kill anymore).

On the other hand, the tomatoes look great.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

_ | _