Here is the adapted recipe I used:
~50 Hungarian Wax peppers (enough for 5-6 cups blended)
1 quart vinegar (1 cup Apple cider, 1 cup white, 2 cups red wine)
1 quart prepared mustard (I used French’s classic yellow)
3 cups sugar
1 cup flour mixed with water to make a smooth paste
Red Cayenne Pepper powder (if more heat is desired)
- De-stem the peppers and removed the seeds/membranes if desired (use gloves – the pepper oils will make your skin burn)
- In small batches, blend the peppers until smooth
- Cook peppers, vinegar, mustard, and sugar in a stockpot and cook over medium heat (add Cayenne pepper to taste)
- Add the flour paste, stirring constantly (mine was clumpy so I pulled out the hand blender and smoothed out the mixture)
- Using a jar funnel, I ladled into hot jars and sealed.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 15 min
- Remove using a jar lifter and let the jars cool in a draft free location (you should hear popping sounds as the jars seal)
The mustard is a nice bright orange color since most of the peppers I used were orange and red. It is quite spicy (enough to make my lips burn), but I think a little will add a lot of flavor.