Home | Garden | Orchard | Cooking | Crafts | Lifestyle | Chickens

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Ginger Spiced Pancakes

Even though I have been pretty lazy lately, I did find the energy to try out a new pancake recipe. I found inspiration a few places around the web to come up with this recipe.

Ingredients:
1 cup baking mix
1 cup non-fat milk
1 egg
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl or pitcher.
2. Pour into a lightly greased skillet and cook until bubbles appear
3. Flip and cook for another minute or two. I usually peek and see if it has turned brown.
4. Serve hot. Makes 4-6 pancakes.

I served these pancakes with a little Smart Balance and some maple syrup. They were a little different from you typical pancake, but had a nice spice flavor that wasn't too overpowering.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

_ | _