Home | Garden | Orchard | Cooking | Crafts | Lifestyle | Chickens

Friday, July 17, 2009

The Elusive Quail Family

Three days ago I saw them for the first time. They weren't much more than little balls of fluff with legs. A group of baby quail were darting from plant to plant in the vegetable garden with their mothers. I tried to get closer for a picture, but alas they were quick to scurry and escaped the lens.

Today I saw them again. First thing this morning I saw the family walking across the street heading for the garden. Again I tried to get a shot, but they excel at hide and seek and I missed out a second time. Finally, this afternoon as I was sitting here working, they came walking across the front porch. I was able to snap a few shots before they disappeared again.


The cute baby quail living in our garden (and taking occasional strolls on our porch).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

_ | _