Home | Garden | Orchard | Cooking | Crafts | Lifestyle | Chickens

Friday, May 25, 2012

Corn Salad


I created this salad to bring to our Easter Celebration.  My inspiration came from my potato and corn chowder, but the warmer weather demanded something cold.  Since Easter, I have made this salad about once a week at my husband's request.  It usually lasts 2-3 days before I find an empty bowl on the counter.

Salad Ingredients
1-2 bunches green onions
1 leek
1-2 celery stalk
1 red pepper
2 pounds frozen corn
3-5 pounds potatoes
1-2 bunches cilantro

Dressing 
2/3 cup oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup lemon juice (I used Meyer from our tree)
2-3 tablespoons no-salt garlic and herb seasoning.

Directions
1. Cook the potatoes until soft.  Allow to cool, then slice.
2. Slice the onions, leek, and celery into small pieces.
3. Dice the pepper and cilantro
4. Defrost the corn by running water over it in a colander.
5. Add all the ingredients to a large bowl (or two smaller ones)
6. Mix the dressing and pour over the salad.  Stir to combine.

You can serve immediately, but the flavors will be more intense if allowed to sit overnight.  This makes a lot of salad and could easily be cut in half.  It also is open to many other ingredients and combinations.  I have made it with sauteed mushrooms, black beans and cumin, and have omitted the red pepper.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

_ | _