Home | Garden | Orchard | Cooking | Crafts | Lifestyle | Chickens

Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Allium Patch

A few weeks ago I purchased some onion sets with the intent of getting them planted sooner. I finally prepared a plot and planted them last Sunday. It was a bit rainy, but I was determined to get the onions planted. As I was out digging and building the bed, I remembered that I also had a bag of garlic bulbs that would be good to plant in the same patch. Onions and garlic are both members of the Allium family so they grow well together. This is what the patch looked like before covering the rows with soil. I also put a light layer of grass clippings on top as a mulch to keep the weeds down. I peeked out at it this morning and there was one sprout emerging from the mulch. I think it is a garlic based on location, but I will have to wait a while to be sure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

_ | _