After Friday night's investigation, we went out Saturday to buy some Sluggo Plus. While at the nursery, we asked about the various options. In the end, we decided on the Sluggo Plus because it was certified organic. I applied it to garden that evening. Five days have passed and the amount of earwig damage seems to have subsided. There are still some skeleton leaves from the previous infestation, but not any new ones.
This is a marigold plant. The leaves wrapped around the bottom were a poor attempt of keeping the bugs off. They are sage, which hadn't been touched by the earwigs.
Despite the earwigs attacking the leaves, the zucchini plants are thriving. I picked our first fruit today. It is about 10 inches long and 2 inches in diameter.
I wonder if this will become zucchini soup or zucchini bread. I suspect that I will be able to make both many times over this summer.