Home | Garden | Orchard | Cooking | Crafts | Lifestyle | Chickens

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Scrapbook for Dad

Our Dad is retiring after 33 years of teaching. Tomorrow is his last day. In honor of his retirement, my mom, sister, and I put together a scrapbook. My mom brought over all the photos and together, the three of selected the ones to use. After getting copies made, we started assembling the pages. Here is our rough layout:


This was my first experience with scrap booking. My sister has done a little, but she was frequently occupied with this roaring monster who wouldn't take a nap. So, we just made it up as we went along. I found my rotary cutter and cutting mat to be invaluable tools along the way. Additionally, I had purchased a scrapbook kit several years ago (that had yet to be put to use) which made the whole process much easier. A special thank you to my husband for proofreading and checking the layout of the pages before final assembly. Here are a few of the final pages:



Overall, I think scrap booking could be a fun pastime. Although, I don't know where I will find the time with the vegetable garden, chickens, and orchards to tend to.

1 comments:

Deanna said...

Hey did you just call your niece a monster?

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

_ | _