Home | Garden | Orchard | Cooking | Crafts | Lifestyle | Chickens

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Beautiful Apple-Streudel Loaves


I have fully discovered Grandmother Bread and all its uses. These are Apple-Streudel Ladder Loaves that I made. They are much prettier than the first loaves I made during my starter experiment. For this dough, I used a combination of whole wheat and white bread flour. The melted butter* brushed on the outside gives them a nice golden hue.

The taste was really good and they were a nice stand-in for regular dessert. Next time I will add more apples, probably double, so they are the most pronounced flavor in the bread.

* Substituted Smart Balance for real butter

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, the bread looks great but how do you make it? Thanks

Michelle said...

The recipe for this bread can be found here:
http://chickensintheroad.com/cooking/apple-streudel-ladder-loaf/

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

_ | _