I made this gorgeous pizza on Monday (with Swiss chard, Italian parsley, and fennel leaf from our garden). I decided to make the same crust without the toppings and viola, homemade bread for my hubby.
This recipe is adapted from everybody likes sandwiches' Pizza Blanco. Like most my recipes, it has been adjusted to be low sodium.
1 tablespoon yeast
1 cup warm water
1 tablespoon no-sodium Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon Roasted Garlic bits
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
2.5 cups whole wheat flour
1. Put all ingredients into your stand mixer bowl (or regular bowl).
2. Stir until combined and a ball forms
3. Pour out onto a floured surface and gently knead. I only kneaded enough to keep the dough from sticking and to shape it.
4. Grease a baking pan. I used a round pan with spray olive oil.
5. Transfer the shaped dough to the pan (it's okay if it doesn't fit)
6. Using the palm of your hand and fingertips, press the dough around the pan until the bottom is covered. I used a 16 round pan, but a rectangle would work too.
7. Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown
Serve with oil and vinegar or spread with labne kefir (yogurt) cheese. Yum!