Home | Garden | Orchard | Cooking | Crafts | Lifestyle | Chickens

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Gourmet Grilled Cheese


A grilled cheese sandwich is my lunch many days of the week. Last week, I baked some fresh whole wheat bread, so the grilled cheese was exceptionally good. Today's version was impromptu and unexpected. I made some caramelized onions (a la Pastor Ryan) for dinner over the weekend and forgot to serve them.

I decided to put some on my sandwich and wow they made the grilled cheese extra tasty. I think I will have to make some more bread soon so I can make this sandwich with homemade bread.

Gourmet Grilled Cheese
1 slice cheddar cheese *
2 slices bread *
some caramelized onions
spread of Hot Pepper Mustard

Assemble the ingredients and cook in a skillet over low-medium heat.  Be careful not to burn the bread which will happen if the heat is up too high. After one side is toasted, flip and cook the other.  When it is toasted to your liking, slice and enjoy.

* This sandwich is not low sodium due to the cheddar cheese and store bought bread.  The sodium could be lowered by using swiss (or low sodium) cheese and a no-salt bread.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

_ | _